At BWL Consulting, we are always looking for a wide selection of diverse candidates to join our expanding team. Below is a list of our current vacancies.
Quantity Surveyor (Darlington)
An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced quantity surveyor who will perform a wide range of commercial functions within the Construction Consultancy Services Team.
The role is to support our Director of Construction Consultancy Services and the Legal Services team, as well as the wider business.
The role will include working with customers across the UK on several commercial matters, including; cost consultancy, contract administration, final account settlement, measurement and valuations, applications for payment and dispute resolution.
The successful candidate will be an ambitious quantity surveyor who is keen to progress their career within an exciting business working across the full spectrum of the construction industry.
They will be degree qualified with a RICS accredited degree in an appropriate subject, with a minimum of three years’ post-qualification experience gained in a consultancy, design or project management environment. Part of their experience must be gained while working with contractors.
They will have a keen eye for detail and take an interest in contract management and construction law. The role requires the successful quantity surveyor to have a real drive for professional development and be sales and customer orientated.
Some of the desirable skills and attributes also include:
- Commercially astute
- Understanding of common pitfalls in construction contracts
- Understanding of payment mechanisms in contracts
- Skilled at contract administration
- Appreciation for programme management
- Meticulous attention to detail (especially in relation to documents and records)
- Willingness to gain professional qualifications.
Commercial Property Solicitor (Darlington)
An exciting opportunity within a growing team responsible for a wide range of commercial property work, including acquisitions, sales, developments, joint venture property matters and leasehold. The role is for an NQ-5 years PQE Solicitor to support our Director of Legal Services who leads on Commercial Property matters, whilst taking responsibility for your own files, and advising clients on projects located across the UK.
This position would suit an ambitious Commercial Property Solicitor who is keen to progress their career within a firm that is closely involved with its clients' requirements at every stage of the process, advising and consulting with them on a broad range of Commercial Property matters. The role requires the successful Commercial Property Solicitor to have up to a maximum of 4 years PQE, with strong client relationship skills coupled with a real passion to develop your career within the Commercial Property team.
Bid Writer (Tamworth)
BWL has an exciting opportunity and requires a Bid Writer to write and coordinate proposals that clearly articulate a client's organisation value proposition. This role requires an ability to work under pressure and to demanding deadlines.
Responsibilities will include:
- Reporting to Senior Bid Consultant
- Managing / liaising with clients at various levels
- Gather information from technical contacts to support the development of
- Produce accurate and complete responses to PQQ’s, RFI’s, RFQ’s and ITT’s.
- Reviewing responses and proofreading
- Developing corporate presentations
- Managing sales from new and existing clients
The ideal candidate will hold the following skills and qualifications:
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- The Bid Writer will be experienced in developing a range of responses for
maintenance, construction, rail, highways or contracts.
- Degree level education (creative writing, marketing, journalism, business
management, business economics or similar)
- Excellent time management
- Project Management Knowledge
- Experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
- APMP Proposal Management knowledge (preferable but not essential)